Supporting innovation in professional services
Innovation doesn't just happen. Management needs to create the right environment. According to Google there are five attributes that contribute to the development and use of new ideas:
- Shared vision - Make sure everyone knows where the organization is heading
- Autonomy - Allow employees to define their own work as much as possible
- Intrinsic motivation - Hire naturally curious people who like to learn
- Risk-taking - Enable employees to feel psychologically safe to take risks and try new ideas
- Connection & collaboration - Make it easy for employees to find partners and work together.
For further information see this link - Innovation at Google.